Saturday, May 30, 2009

There's no business like show business!!!



I am a member of the Brigham Young University's ballroom dance company. Last week we returned from our 4 week tour. We performed in many different states from Kansas, Ohio, and Mass., to New York and Washington D.C.

There are many different touring groups around the world but ours is different. Not only did we bring a great show full of great talent and entertainment, we also brought the message of our church and the light and happiness that comes from knowing the truth. We were able to see the effect that our light had on the members of the audience. I've never had a more eye opening experience.


This is a picture of all of the members of the touring company just before we left.
Before our trip I had maybe three or four close friends from this group. But by the end they became my family. We took care of each other and watched out for each other.



This is my family. Each member plays an important role in the family and without them we would have been completely lost.

When I was a little girl I dreamed of being part of this company. Ever since I can remember I knew that I was going to go to BYU and tour with them. Being on this tour was a dream come true. It wasn't anything that I had ever imagined it to be.....it was better. I finally know what it means to use your talents in the service of the Lord. Those 4 weeks I gave to the Lord and in return I got to see true happiness and service in the lives of others as well as happiness and love in my own life. Who would have thought that dance could bring such great happiness.

1 comment:

Crave said...

You're living the dream, Amy. I'm glad you had such an amazing experience on tour. You deserve it.