It is ridiculous. This love of obeying rules has gone out of control.
I frequently make my way to the SWKT for turning in papers.
I go through a debate inside my head "should I take the elevator or the stairs?"
I step inside to doors and make my way to the elevator.
I note the sign that says "Take stairs for 1st and 3rd floors."
The guilt begins.
I really want to just take the elevator, but the sign says that I can't.
So I compromise.
I take the elevator to the fourth floor, and take the stairs down to the third.
Yes, I know I'm completely insane.
And the times when I take the elevator directly to floor three I get nervous because I am intentionally breaking a rule and that someone is going to call me out on it and I'll get in trouble.
Because of course there are people getting paid to make sure that everyone follows the "stairs to the 3rd floor" sign, and they are just waiting to catch me.
Welcome to Amy's world where even ignoring a posted sign is a sin.
Yes....I am strange.
Yes....I will continue to have this conflict as long as I'm turning in papers in the SWKT.
SWKT: Spenser W. Kimball Tower
2 comments:
why in the world would they even care? What difference does it make if you take the elevator or the stairs to a certain floor ?????
Byu and it's retarded rules.
Post a Comment