Thursday, November 5, 2009

Come, let me tell you a story of a time when....


Life is made up of stories.
There are stories of success
There are stories of heart ache
There are stories of triumph

Once I have gone through a trial or experience I put it into my own book of stories. When I look back through them I realize how simple my life was. Sometimes it hits me, like today, once I am done all I will have left is these stories that I am collecting. No one will understand how hard that particular time was for me. All they see are imaginary people doing what I discribe them doing. They will not see how much I really do understand what they are going through.

I want my stories to inspire, teach, and help others. I want my stories to have meaning in them. At the end of each page I want to have a moral of the story moment.

The problem is, however, when I am experiencing these stories they do not seem like merely scenes in a book or people acting. They are real. When I fall I really do get hurt. When I brake up with a boy friend my heart really does ache. When I get a good grade on a test I really am happy. I feel nervous. I feel fear. It isn't just some words describing what a girl feels, its me actually experiencing them.

So, I continue adding to my book. Maybe one day someone will want to hear my stories. Maybe they will learn something from them. Maybe instead of doing what I did they can do better. Maybe, just maybe I can help others with my stories instead of just having them sit there, gathering dust, and only being read by me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep writing. If you don't write down your stories how will anyone ever know that you experienced those feelings and events.

Kathy said...

Those stories make up the fabric of who you are. Keep writing. They will prove valuable beyond measure.