Well, its happened again. I have finished yet another wonderful year at BYU and I am finding yet again how little I actually own. Most of my friends are graduating tomorrow, which is so exciting!! However, I still have two more years of college which I am happy to have.
So, this is usually the post where I talk about what I got out of this year. You may wonder why I have this tradition. Well, to put your mind to ease I will let you know that this tradition was started by my sophomore english teacher who made all of us write ten things that we had learned from our sophomore year. It turned out to be one of the best things i had ever done and I decided to stick to the tradition. However this time it is a little different.
In these posts I would usually talk about how this year was different and that there were experiences that I had that I didn't know where there for me to have. I would have usually started with a Dear world, or year, or so and so.
But this time I am not going to do any of those things. Why? Because I am still experiencing them. I am not quite sure what "life lessons" I have come to understand better. I am having a hard time having the perspective that I usually have after completing a year of college.
I know that I can finish an Anatomy class with a "B". I can tell you every bone, muscle, nerve, vessel, and pathway in your body, but I can't tell you what I have learned from this year. Maybe there are years that aren't meant for learning but for living and enduring. Maybe this year was about going to class every day, not making the next cut but being grateful for the chance to dance, not getting the test score I worked for but trying again the next time, or waking up every morning and re-declaring to myself that I was going to try and make a difference in some one else's day.
Who knows why these years come, but I have a feeling this wont be my last. So, here's to living and enduring. I am done with yet another set of finals!!!!!

1 comment:
I really like that I know you.
Post a Comment