Thursday, April 16, 2009

An interview with myself



There's been a lot of chat on the topic of dating. I would like to hear what you think. What are your thoughts self?

Self: Why do we date?
When I decide to date someone I'm already thinking about what is going to make us "brake-up."
I know its odd...it doesn't mean anything because I think that thought about everyone.
Yes, there is a game involved.
Why? I don't know.
Oh, why do we date? Easy, because we're human and we love to love and to be loved.

Oh...another reason? I guess another reason why we continue to get into relationships even though we've sworn off the opposite sex many many times......is....well for one we always somehow find someone who may be "different" than our previous someones.

Oh ya...secondly maybe because every time we give a part of our heart away to someone, even if they treat it like trash and crumble it up and leave it behind, we learn, we grow, and we begin to understand not only ourselves a little more but also what it means to have another person in our life. Therefore we get a little better at it.



Ya...I know...I hate the game as well.
I tried it once actually, I was not too good at it.
In the end I did what I usually do...confess my love and intentions so that either I can be rejected or accepted. I've had both.

Oh...okay... sorry I'll wrap this up. I guess in closing I think that we've all got to accept that we are going to get broken more than once, in more than one way, by more than one person. We may even brake some hearts along the way. But if we never try, we'll never learn, and we'll never have stories to tell our children.

Hey, it was my pleasure! Thanks!

2 comments:

Crave said...

ha ha ha love the visual aids. they're perfect.

lance evanson said...

:)I agree. I guess I will keep on trying... in another 14 days.