Tuesday, March 17, 2009
Cars...intersections....life
What happens when you mix a person who doesn't know how to drive stick with a car that can only be driven by people who know how to drive stick? You get my night tonight. There I was, stalled in the intersection, hoping that the car would see me and stop before he ran into me. As I was taking deep breaths as to not make the situation worse I tried to start going again. I failed. The car was getting closer and my car was still in the intersection. I tried once more. This time I paid more attention to the slow release of the clutch and the gas. After being jolted and thrown a couple of times I made it. I crossed the intersection just as the car passed me. My life has been spared. My mother arrived shortly after to switch cars with me. Thank goodness for automatics!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
What car were you driving? Man that could have turned for the worst.
I was driving Heidi's. she said I could use it while she was gone.
umm.... yikes! amy, remind me i've got a story for you. and you should probably learn to drive stick - it's a good skill and who knows, it might actually save your life? i'm legitimately scared for you!
Post a Comment