Thursday, December 31, 2009

Life can be a real experience



My best friend got married yesterday. My best friend is getting married in the spring. My best friend is close to probably getting engaged. I am no where near marriage. I am happy.

The reception was marvelous. It was held in the Rehearsal Hall up at the Sundance Resort. As me and my only three single friends sat at a table full of couples, we toasted hot chocolate with playful bitterness to being single and talked about all the things that we could still do since we have neither husband nor boyfriend.

As the laugher and joking died down, my friend changed the mood by commenting on how normal and natural this was. As we watched our newly married friend twirl, embrace, kiss, and dance with her newly acquired husband, it all seemed right. It was not a dream, and at no time in the evening did I feel like I was a passerby looking at the perfect love story unfold before my eyes. I was once again part of the picture. Whitney was beautiful. She probably could have been in a fairy tail by the way she looked, but she wasn't. Nor would she ever be.

For a moment last night I realized that life is normal. We don't get the luxury of having beautiful music and perfect narrations to accompany us through our life's journeys. We get the real deal. We get to live in life without the superficialities, if we choose to. Last night was void of anything superficial. Instead it was packed with happy fathers, energetic families, and two people who had decided that they were going to stick together, through thick and thin, for all eternity. And they were in love.

These are the moments that I hold on to. Nothing to enhance it but life itself. These are the moments I live for.

Congratulations Whitney!!!
You were a beautiful bride and you are going to be a wonderful wife.
I have loved every moment within our friendship.

Sincerely,
Amy H.

1 comment:

Kellyn said...

Who's engaged? Aren't you impressed I'm looking at your blog!! Sometimes I forget you have one but when I'm studying for midterms I remember the darnest things ;)

Love ya sista